You can never have too many cupcakes in life. Life, with all it’s ups and downs, calls for a serving of cupcakes. These simple endearing treats complete every celebration, with enough calories to soothe all your worries and more than adequate endorphins to ward off depression.
All I’m saying is: I baked cupcakes last Saturday. Just because.
Just because it’s mummy’s birthday and I wanted to tell her that I’m thankful for her, and sorry for being such a disappointing idiot at times. Because I’m done with TOEFL and that calls for a celebration, although I could have done better if I wasn’t such a procrastinator (hindsight is such a pain). Because Sunday marks the end of Chinese New Year (which makes it convenient to pawn off goodies), and because life has rendered me a little lost.
Chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting. Simple treats resulting from a whole lot of ‘just because-s’. Recipe courtesy of Karen.
These cupcakes are not overly sweet, just buttery, dense and well, egg-y. Moist? Yeah.
Chocolate Chip (butter) Cupcakes
- 200g butter
- 200g white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) pure vanilla extract
- 200g self-raising flour
- approx 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
(Makes 10 regular-sized cupcakes)
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, on at a time. Continue whisking with mixer until incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract to mixture.
- Fold in flour.
- Add chocolate chips. Fold in gently.
- Divide batter equally into prepared muffin/cupcake cases.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Love like you’ve never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.
- Randall G Leighton
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
(makes approx 2cups)
- Melt butter.
- Stir in Cocoa.
- Beat in sugar in batches, alternating with milk.
- Add vanilla.
- Continue beating to desired consistency. Add more milk if required.
(recipe from the Leslie Sarna)